=”robots” content=”noindex”> =”robots” content=”nofollow”> the peachie speechie: Using Tattoos in Speech Therapy

Wednesday, February 19, 2014

Using Tattoos in Speech Therapy

It is always a great feeling to see my students move past sound drills and flashcards and start focusing on speech sounds in conversation. I am always looking for ways to make conversation activities fun and engaging. When I saw these Monster Hands: Temporary Tattoos for Talking Hands, I knew I had to bring them into the speech room!


So, what can you do with these little guys? Here are a few ideas I came up with:  

- Ask a student's monster to tell a story or tell about a person. ("Hey Monster! Tell me about your best friend!") As the student makes their monster talk, work on self monitoring by having them correct any articulation errors the monster makes. 
- Have the student's monster read a passage out loud. Silly monster voices are allowed, of course. 
- Target social skills by having the monsters act out difficult situations (they can draw cards from the Difficult Situations Fun Deck, for example)

I tested them out on my own hand today. They are a little small for an adult hand but still work OK. They are super easy to apply (all you need is a damp paper towel) and they come off with soap, warm water and a little scrubbing. 




I bought my box of Monster Hands tattoos at Pottery Barn Kids. You can also buy them on Amazon

I would love to hear any other suggestions you have for using these tattoos in speech! 




1 comment:

  1. princess party Natural Therapies has been successfully treating it’s clients since 2005, assisting in everything from injury recovery for athletes to providing relaxing massages to those that simply wish to indulge themselves.

    ReplyDelete