=”robots” content=”noindex”> =”robots” content=”nofollow”> the peachie speechie: Honeycomb Speech

Wednesday, June 4, 2014

Honeycomb Speech

Are your students obsessed with the "Don't Break the Ice" game? Of course they are. All speech students seem to love it. Have you played it at least once per week for the past four years? I have! And I was delighted to find a very similar (yet different!) game recently called Honeycomb Game. Because I would seriously like to play something else. Instead of knocking out pieces of ice, you are knocking out pieces of honeycomb. You don't want to let the bee fall. I love how scared the little bee looks! Way cuter than that skating bear.





I made some articulation practice sheets to accompany this fantastic new game.



You can find them for free in my TpT store. I just put the practice sheet in a sheet protector, set it in front of the student, and they say the words as they play the game.

Sounds for these practice sheets include:
Initial /r/
Final "er"
Initial /l/
Initial /s/
Initial s-blends

I have also included a blank sheet so you can make your own.

What is the game of choice in your speech room?

2 comments:

  1. My students LOVE this game- we play it all the time. Thanks for the sheets to go along with it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This reminds me of the game Hold on Scooby doo! which is a favorite of my students. I'll be on the lookout for this one though. Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete