=”robots” content=”noindex”> =”robots” content=”nofollow”> the peachie speechie: Candy Corn Challenge!

Wednesday, October 16, 2013

Candy Corn Challenge!


My students are taking the Candy Corn Challenge this week! I created this activity to use with my articulation groups and it is pretty sweet. 




We have been enjoying a lot of Halloween and fall themed books in speech lately. But sometimes I want to skip the books and games and just do practice drills with my artic groups. In a fun way, of course. So, I am challenging my students to say their target sound 100 times. For each good production, they earn a candy corn to place on their Candy Corn Challenge mat: 



At the end of the session, we see who can eat all 100 of their candy corns the fastest. Just kidding!! I actually pass out ziplock bags and they take the candy home with them. I don't need anyone getting sick from excessive candy corn consumption in the speech room! 

Don't want to load your students up on sugar? No problem! They can still take on the challenge. I made a black and white version so instead of using real candy, you can just have them color a candy corn for each production. 


Fun fact: I actually made the little candy clip art myself this time! Ok, my husband helped a little. I figured candy corn would be a super easy first clip art project for me - how could I possibly mess up a little triangle with a smile, right?!

Download it FREE in my TPT store!

1 comment:

  1. Super cute...excited to use this and your ghostly gathering...just followed you on TPT! Thank you for sharing your goodies with us!

    ReplyDelete