=”robots” content=”noindex”> =”robots” content=”nofollow”> the peachie speechie: Home Decorating Peachie Speechie Style

Wednesday, December 25, 2013

Home Decorating Peachie Speechie Style

My love for all things speechie is obvious at work. I have larynx shaped sticky notes. I pass out "speech sniffy" stickers to the students. I get really excited about Better Speech and Hearing Month. My enthusiasm for the profession spills over into my home as well. Check out my bathroom wall during the holiday season: 



In case you don't recognize those pictures, they are from the 1986 version of the Goldman Fristoe Test of Articulation (GFTA)!

Yes, I decorate my house in outdated speech-language test pictures.

I transformed the guest bedroom into a playroom for my boys a couple of years ago and didn't have any decorations for the walls. Around the same time, I was cleaning out my classroom at work and came across some old tests. I fell in love with the GFTA pictures. So, I framed them and hung them in the playroom:



While the GFTA-2 has many similar pictures (a rabbit, pencils...), there is something so appealing about the 1986 illustrations. 

The pictures can easily be swapped out for different occasions. Most of the time, these are the pictures in the bathroom:



 Stay tuned for more speechie decorating pictures!



3 comments:

  1. Thanks for the sneak peak on instagram. This is so adorable! Way to recycle those old tests. You are so creative!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nice Post The home should look attractive in totality right from the kitchen to bedroom living room area and bathroom. However Home decorating ideas you select to incorporate should be realistic too

    ReplyDelete